Monday, February 28, 2022

Gratitude and Love

Today the mimosas are in bloom as we celebrate our Anthéor’s 3 month birthday.  Spring is really just around the corner. I love it when Jorris comes home with a magnificent bouquet of mimosas from our apiaries on the coast. It reminds me that even while he is really busy, he thinks about me and cuts a bouquet of fresh flowers. Turns out, when dried, they also make great number threes for your baby’s 3-month photoshoot.

The delicate fragrance of the mimosas and their bright yellow ball-shaped flowers make me happy, like the way sunflowers do, except in a more subtle way. The bees also adore them and are currently working on them. Looks like the season will start early this year, with these warm sunny days and mild winter weather we’ve been having. We’ve been so lucky to eat outside in the garden during most the month of January and up until now!






Anthéor is still his smiley self. His cheeks are fuller and now he laughs out loud when you joke with him and give him kisses, or if you gently raise him up and down. He makes less baby dinosaur sounds, more cooing baby sounds, although he still has that dinosaur hand, as you can see. When he gets excited about something, he flails his arms like a baby bird trying to take flight. It’s the cutest thing. He still loves to tell you stories of another life, always with a smile. He enjoys when you sing to him and is always searching for something new to be stimulated by because he gets bored easily.

We’re still going strong with breastfeeding. He loves him some boobie, maybe that explains the cheeks and his long length. His legs hang longer now from the baby carrier, reaching my mid-thigh. His eyes are still light, grayish, hopefully turning green? I love the way he looks at me like I’m all that matters to him in this world. I still love how he holds onto my finger or shirt while he feeds. I love stroking his head gently and caressing his soft feather-like hair. He’s very patient like when I was walking his sister in the stroller and she fell asleep as he woke up and wanted to eat. We were close to home so I asked him to please wait and not cry otherwise his sister would wake up. He did just that and waited.

It’s easy to lose hope and fall into despair with the way the world is these days. At the same time, there is so much to be grateful for and to celebrate, such as our son’s 3rd month birthday. I look into his eyes and my daugther's everyday and they give me such hope and deep purpose. Still, I send love and light to all the children and people of the world suffering.



No comments:

Post a Comment